Providing seasoned expertise to address your skill gap; create a new business capabilities using digital technologies, or to simply help shape and initiate new projects.
Short to medium term service as a senior manager or board-level change-agent to plug an urgent gap, help define, shape and mobilise a key change programme or critical project or assist driving new ways of working more effectively.
Inject experienced talent with proven track-record into your business to address a short-term requirement or to run an aspect of your operation whilst you manage the recruitment process to effect a permanent appointment. It may be that you need a fresh perspective on your use of technology.
Examples of the assistance that can be provided:
1. IT and Business Strategy Development
- Review and help refresh existing technology strategy
- Identify new business opportunities by harnessing new technology
- Review current technology costs and shape options to align / optimise in the context of your overall business objectives
- Identify cost reduction opportunities - e.g. application rationalisation, adoption of alternative technologies, outsourcing or insourcing
- Creating an effective Strategy implementation roadmap with appropriate phases with associated business cases and key stage check-points
2. Business and/or Change/Programme Management
- Manage the change programme from initiation through to full delivery
- Using appropriately tailored formal governance and best practice change management techniques
- Ensuring effective and timely stakeholder reporting
3. IT Management
- Manage and develop the internal IT operation on a temporary basis, covering the loss of experienced staff, or supporting the expansion of the required service, or in relation to business relocation
- Plan and mobilise a new strategic investment programme
- Review and improve IT governance and controls
- Establishing technical governance (i.e. Business and IT Architecture) to enable the development and management of technology and solution roadmaps
- Implement appropriate change and project management controls and establish effective management reporting to ensure investments are kept on track
- Depending upon the requirements, the engagement may be very short – a few weeks, through to longer 3 – 6+ months engagements either part-time or full-time
4. Troubleshooting and Assessment:
- Review of current IT change project(s) not progressing to plan, identify underlying issues and options to address or reshape the project
- Audit the current performance of your technology teams (internal and 3rd party) and existing applications and infrastructure capabilities from both a service and cost perspective
- Manage the supplier selection process for the provision of new services (from initial candidate options and through the Request for information (RFI) through Request for Proposal (RFP), Selection and Contract Negotiation process.
5. Cyber Resilience planning and implementation
- Reviewing your Security Management Policy and Processes & Procedures
- Undertaking Risk Assessments
- Providing staff training